SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you submit an enquiry or made a subscription from our site, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, contact number and email address.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent? When you provide us with personal information to obtain information, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. How do I withdraw my consent? If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at
email@example.com or mailing us at: 78 Mergui Road, Clydes Residence #17-02,
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OVERSEAS
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal data outside of Singapore, whether to our group companies or business partners or third party service providers or simply to data storage facilities, we shall do so in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act, 2012 (“PDPA”) to ensure that we provide a standard of protection to personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 5 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party, without your consent except in the following circumstances:
(a) we may share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or we may tell our business partners the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions; and / or
(b) as permitted under the laws of Singapore.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
It is advisable to take the necessary precautions to protect your personal computer against viruses and other malicious programs. Besides damaging and/or destroying data, viruses and malicious programs can capture your Password keystrokes and other personal information and send them to another person without your consent. Some precautions to take:
Ensure that you install an effective personal firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware as well as anti-Trojan horse software. These should be updated regularly.
Do not download any software from a website that is of doubtful origin.
Do not open any email or attachment that is from a source unknown to you. When in doubt, delete such email without opening it.
Do be aware of ‘phishing’ scams where unsolicited emails and/or fraudulent websites are used to trick people into disclosing confidential personal details such as user-names and passwords. You are advised to stay alert to avoid falling prey to the following scam techniques:
Use of false email addresses, logos and graphics to mislead people into accepting the validity of emails and websites;
Faking domain names to appear as if they represent the actual companies;
Duping people into providing personal details through one or more methods such as hyperlinks to fake websites or embedded forms in emails.
SECTION 6 – DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Message In A Bottle (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, identification numbers such as nric, fin, work permit and birth certificate, residential address, email address, telephone number, nationality, gender and financial information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(c) managing your relationship with us;
(d) processing payment or credit transactions;
(e) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(f) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(g) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(h) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to your employment contract should you be hired) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 7 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within ten (10) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, use of privacy filters, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
21. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO : Delphine Berclaz
Contact No. : + 65 90382484
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : 78 Mergui Road, Clydes Residence 17-02, Singapore 219054
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
22. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 24/06/2019
Last updated : 24/06/2019
SECTION 7 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 9 – DIGITAL PRODUCTS
The Website allows Message In a Bottle to offer digital products for sale under the brand name Message In a Bottle (hereinafter referred to as the “Products”) to Internet Users browsing the Website (hereinafter referred to as “Customers”.). For the application of the present, it is agreed that the Customer and Message In a Bottle will be collectively referred to as the “Parties” and individually referred to as the “Party”, and that when the Customer has confirmed an order he will then be referred to as the “Purchaser”. All orders of a Product offered on the Website imply the Purchaser’s acceptance of the general conditions of sale. Message In a Bottle reserves the right to amend the present general conditions of sale at any time by publishing a new version on the Website. The general conditions of sale are those in force on the date on which the order is placed.
The present general conditions of sale govern the rights and obligations of the Parties resulting from the online sale of the Products proposed on the Website. They are applied with the exclusion of any other document. These Terms and Conditions contain the provisions in the contractual relationship entered into between the Parties which the Customer agree to be binding and enforceable at the time he access and/or use this Website and purchase or use any of the products or services provided by Message In a Bottle via this Website. Parties are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
We do our best to ensure that the information, descriptions and prices are correct. It is however possible that errors remain. If the price of an article that you have ordered proves incorrect, we will inform you as soon as possible and you will have the choice of confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will cancel the order. Prices are indicated in SGD and include SGT (7% on 1st January 2018).
The Customer wishing to place an order chooses the various Products by clicking on “Add to cart”. At any time the Customer may:
• Check the number of Products contained in his cart and obtain detailed information about each of them by clicking on “Shopping cart”;
• Continue selecting Products by clicking on the “Continue shopping” button;
• Complete his order by clicking on the “checkout” button.All new Customers can buy as a guest of fill in the necessary fields to create a customer account. The Customer must complete the form accurately, providing the information necessary for his identification, including an email address. The Customer accepts that inserting this information serves as proof of his identity. It is obligatory to provide the nominative information collected during an online sale as this information is necessary for the processing and delivery of orders as well as the establishment of invoices. This information is strictly confidential. Having acquainted himself with the order summary, once all the information requested has been completed by the Customer, and before payment, the latter acquaints himself with the general conditions of sale and attests to have done this by ticking the box provided.
CONFIRMATION OF THE ORDER
Confirmation of the shopping cart constitutes an electronic signature. This signature has the same value as a written signature and serves as proof of the completion of the order and the payability of the sums due to fulfil the order. As soon as the order is validated, the Customer becomes a Purchaser. The Customer pays for the order by card (Credit card, Visa, Mastercard), or by Paypal. If the Customer wishes to pay for his order by card, he must provide the number and, depending on the type of card used, the expiration date and the card’s security code.
The price owed by the Purchaser is the sum indicated on the order’s summary document. In any event, the sum debited will correspond to the Product(s) actually delivered. The debit takes place at the moment of the order. The server and the payment page are subjected to security protection by the S.S.L. (Secure Socket Layer) and encrypting system 3D Secure in order to protect all data concerning means of payment as effectively as possible, and guarantee that at no stage the Purchaser’s bank details go through the Message In a Bottle computer system.
CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT OF THE ORDER
Following payment, an order summary document is sent to the Purchaser by email to the address indicated by the latter. This document serves as a confirmation of receipt and contains all the elements forming the contract between the Parties.
The products will be delivered by email.
RECEIPT OF THE ORDER
When you enroll for a coaching or other digital products, you will receive our content by emails. Don’t try to transfer or resell our digital products in any way. In legal, more complete terms, Message In a Bottle grants you (as a purchaser) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable access to the product and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non- commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular courses or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use any course unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a Message In a Bottle authorized representative. This also applies to content you can access via any of our APIs.
NON RECEIPT OF THE ORDER
If the Products are not delivered to the Purchaser under Message In a Bottle fault then the Products will be sent again at no cost for the Purchaser. If the Products are not delivered to the Purchaser under the Purchaser fault (wrong address for example) then the Products will be sent again at the Purchaser. Remind to check your spam and junk emails and to add email@example.com to your contacts.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to refund fees paid to us. Message In a Bottle may modify its refund policy at any time with or without specific notice to you; provided, however, that the refund policy in effect at the time of any transaction shall apply to such purchase despite any subsequent change in such policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
Message In a Bottle is not responsible for the total or partial non-fulfilment of its obligations regarding the present contract, if this non-fulfilment is caused by a case of force majeure, recognised as such by law. The Parties agree, as soon as possible, to mutually decide on the way in which the order will be handled during the case of force majeure. Beyond a period of one (1) month interruption due to a case of force majeure, the Parties will be released from their obligations towards each other.ENTIRETY OF THE CONTRACTThe present general conditions of sale and the order summary sent to the Purchaser form a single contract containing the entirety of the agreements between the parties.CONSERVATION AND ARCHIVING OF
The archiving of invoices is nied out in a reliable and durable format so that it corresponds to a true and durable copy.
APPLICABLE LAW – COMPETENT JURISDICTIONS
The present general conditions of sale and the contractual relations between Message In a Bottle and the Purchaser are subject to Singapore law. In the case of litigation, exclusive authority is attributed to the competent Singapore courts. Message In a Bottle is nonetheless committed to finding an amicable solution before any judicial action.
SECTION 10 – DISCLAIMER
By accessing this website and any of our pages, you are agreeing to the terms set out above.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at
email@example.com or by mail at
Message In a Bottle Pte Ltd
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer][78 Mergui Road, Clydes Residence 17-02, Singapore 219054]